Saturday, November 18, 2006

Our Wedding Day


So, we are finally catching up on blogging.... Let's see...Oh ya! Our wedding...only the best day of our lives!!! We had so much fun! Perfect weather, wonderful people, and a breathtaking setting.

The night before we had our rehearsal and supper. It was cold and rainy. Things did not look so great. But the morning of the wedding everything changed. 20 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. The perfect start of a perfect day. Although I did not sleep well the night before, I knew I was marrying the right man, and I could not have been happier. Seeing Kevin as I walked up the aisle made my heart melt. I was marrying the man God had seemingly made just for me.

We had a great day. Our wedding was set in the mountains and this was special for both Kevin and I. We both love the mountains! The pictures took a while but it was fun to spend time with our wedding party. The girls standing up for me were Sharon (my sis), Christina (best friend from nursing), Matilda (childhood friend) and Melissa (close friend). Kevin had four guys standing up for him and they were Blayne (best friend), Ian (friend and roomate), Mike (bro) and Tim (bro). They were all so great and supportive. We had a brunch following the ceremony. We had a lot of friends to celebrate with and were so thankful for all of them.

After a nice program we said our farewells and made our way to a small cabin in the mountains for our honeymoon. From there we went to Delta airport hotel in Calgary and flew out the next day to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico.

Kevin:
How long had I been waiting for this day??? Well, maybe that's not the important thing. God's timing was perfect! Knowing I was marrying the woman that God had saved especially for me gave me such an incredible feeling. If I had to wait another 29 years to wait for Jen, I would have done it. She is such a precious gift to me.

My part of the day started with me leading a time of Praise & Worship before the ceremony began. Blayne helped on guitar and singing. Hiking buddy Brendon played bass. Bro Mike played congas. I got to play my guitar and lead the singing. So much fun...but the best part was yet to come. My next favourite part was, of course, seeing Jen walk up the aisle. I have never seen anyone so beautiful in my life. I met her in the aisle and received her from her parents. With my bride at my side we approached the alter of forever. So amazing...but the best part was still yet to come...
...The message to always love and to cherish, the vows to forever support and encourage, the people there to witness our marriage, will always be so important to me. But there is one moment which stands above the rest. And I know I will remember it for the rest of my life. In just a few short words we were pronounced husband and wife. Such an astounding moment where time seemed to stand still. Those words of authority, the bonding, God's will. Like a sparkling drop of glacial water finally freed by the sun, becomes one with the stream to follow its dream never to be undone. This was my favourite part.

As you can tell by now, I have married the most amazing man. Isn't he sooo sweet! I love him so much! We are very happy and adjusting well to married life. We are living in La Crete . I am working in a small hospital called St. Theresa General Hospital in Fort Vermilion and Kevin is teaching Grade 3 at Sandhills Elementary School. We are also building a house and that has brought many decisions and challenges but it should be ready in the new year and we are very happy about that!! Life is busy but we are finally TOGETHER and that is exactly where we want to be. Together at last.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Jen, your wedding looks like it was beautiful. I am so happy for you. I pray that God will continue to bless you and your husband as you share your lives together.

Anonymous said...

hey i checked out your blog and i thought it was really cool. and kevin i really didnt think it was in you to be so romantic. i think its awesome.